KAUAI, HAWAII FAVES
Ready to have some fun in the sun?! Kauai truly is the best of the best. I’ve traveled all around the world and the views, hikes, and food truly takes my breath away every time. Winter is typically rainy season, but it was mostly blue skies while I was there (lucky or this rain thing is a myth to scare off tourists??).
- Cute, comfy, practical swimsuits – linked my faves!
- Flip flops & sneakers (for long walks and epic hikes)
- a few fits for workouts & hiking – linked my faves!
- a few fits for food adventures
- skincare routine (DO NOT forget spf!)
- toothbrush, toothpaste
- travel snacks (mandatory!)
- a good book, maybe two
- supplements (reds & greens for immunity and gut support, protein to maintain lean mass while traveling, I love adding it to my coffee in the morning)
- your adventurous spirit and massive amounts of respect for the locals, mask up boos!
Location: north shore Kauai
Haena, hanalei, princeville (love this area, great beaches & surrounded by greenery and the Napoli coast!)
The airbnb I stayed at: Linked
Favorite things to do:
- Hike: sleeping giant (3.4 mile out n back summit hike) and the Kalalau trail (Napoli coast, 4-8 miles if you want to end at the beach or a waterfall) must make reservations prior at gohaena.com
- Boat up to the Napoli coast – i used holo holo Kauai boat tours, it was amazing!!
- Waimea canyon: it’s a drive with lots of beautiful places to stop and admire the view!
- Queens bath: make sure you visit when the waters are calm. Great place to take a dip. Pro tip: while you’re in Princeville head to hideaway beach – it’s one of my favorites on the island. A little hike to both but those are always the best adventures!
- Hideaway beach
- Hanalei bay
- acai bowls
- Kalalea juice hale
- Spam masubi:
- Laterally anywhere and everywhere lol but eat it fresh (hot or cold)
- Java Kai
- Ha coffee
- Trilogy (the dirty chai here 🙌🏻)
- Hanalei bread company (get here before 8 to snag one of their cinnamon rolls!!)
- Shaved ice:
- Jojos (macadamia nut ice cream at the bottom! It’s amazing).
- Wishing well shaved ice
- Waikomo shave ice
- Holey grail
- koloa fish market
- the dolphin (the market in the back sells fresh fish and poke, go for lunch!!)
- java Kai (breakfast sandwich was superb)
- hanalei bread company (daily fresh pastries and bread, the warm biscuit is HEAVENLY with their butter and jam)
- Juice & chia pudding:
- Kauai juice co