SAM’S FAVE CHOCO CHIP COOKIES!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour + 3 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Arrange a rack in the center of the oven and heat to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking sheet.
- Place the butter and sugar in a bowl and beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until blended.
- Mix in the baking powder and salt. Then slowly add in flour and mix on medium speed just until the flour is mixed in, turn the mixer to high speed for a few seconds to pull the dough together; it will be chunky. Add the chocolate chips and beat on high speed to thoroughly and quickly mix in the chips, about 5 seconds. Do not over mix! Do not forget to sample the dough (quality control).
- Refrigerate dough for at least 24 hours – longer if you can! Truly makes a difference in flavor.
- Drop cookie dough scoop onto the prepared baking sheet; don’t flatten. Top with flaky sea salt.
- Bake until lightly browned on top, 10 to 11 minutes. Cool on the pan on a rack for 1 minute, then transfer the cookies to the rack to cool completely. Repeat with the remaining dough.
Servings: 40 big cookies, 80 small cookies